Is this a ok deal

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually think it is a pretty good deal. It's hard to find a 1648 in decent shape with a trailer, and a couple goodies like a fish finder for that price.

yeah i was thinking something like that myself about 700 - 800 i wouldnt pay more it kinda looks nice froma picture . well cee im looking at it on sunday . and if i decide to buy it i will have to sell my 14ft and my 18 ft smokercrafts.. anyways how many horsepower motor does this boat need

Hi I have a 1979 16' Tracker. It appears to be the same boat. It has a 40hp mercury and moves this boat very well. I am not the most knowledgeable guy on these boards I think a 25hp will do fine. The rest is just how fast you want to get where you are going. Where I live it is hard to find a 16 footer without any motor. I try to buy everything as if I am trying to make money on it. Using that $700 sounds about right. If I were buying it with intentions of keeping the boat for a very long time. In my area of North Carolina $1000 maybe $1500 if it was in good shape. Buying a new 1648 would be $3000 grand with no live and no decking. A 40hp new will run $4000. These are all rough estimates. If you wait around with cash on hand you can run across some great deals. You just have to be ready and fast when it appears on craigslist. My 1979 tracker I got for $550 with a trailer that needs some work. A 40hp that didnt run. Luckily it only took a couple hundred to get it going. It also had a very old trolling motor. LOL it has three different colors of carpet in it. While the decks are solid the guy did a pretty poor of redecking it. I hope this helps and maybe someone else will chime in also. It took 6 months of looking everyday to find.
Monroe

Thanks . I think 700 is a fair deal 1200 not bad u know but i know for that much money i can buy one with motor iv seen For. 1600 1800 $ with nice runing motors and good shape . Im trying to buy cheap as possible fix it up use it a while and sell so i can make few bucks of it !

rusmir said:
Thanks . I think 700 is a fair deal 1200 not bad u know but i know for that much money i can buy one with motor iv seen For. 1600 1800 $ with nice runing motors and good shape . Im trying to buy cheap as possible fix it up use it a while and sell so i can make few bucks of it !

I wouldn't pay the asking price. And not sure I'd get it unless I already had a motor or could get one for a good price. If you were to make it into an all electric powered, now that would be a good possibility. But not a bad looking boat, but the final decision will be yours. Will just depend on what you want/need it for.

Im hoping he wsnts 700 for if not i wont get it . I alredy have a jon boat i could just put a consel on that one and make it like a tracker . But will ce maybe its not worth even 700 just all depends i have to cee it in person!

I with everyone who says $700. If its in good shape that would be a good deal. The pictures do look good, but there is a lot that's not pictured. I hope it works out for you and that it's in great shape.

If the boat is worth it to you, offer a few hundred less. If the guy doesn't want to take the offer, walk away. There are plenty of boats out there right now; it's a good time to be picky.

Ok guys it turns out the boat is not worth 400 $. Ohnestly it needs work . The outside bottom was pached up 2 tines and needs to be repainted . Needs new glooring and carpeting . And he wants 900 last offer . I was like u have a wonderfull day and good luck selling it ! Its plain no accesories

Im gonna stop looking until i find something relly nice ill finish up my jon boat for lakes and use my 18 ft for wild rivers and thats it . Tx guys on info

Latest posts