seat dilema

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
I am starting to work on my boat this weekend, so yesterday I found out that the body of water close to me 15 min, small State park, nice lake, no motor, trout, bass etc also means no electric motor... bit annoyed about it , I thought I could drop in a few hours after work since its close, anyhow I had planned a middle seat conversion like Russ's with the lids and compartments, or Bufford's cuting out part of middle seat, however now I do have to have a lower seat option in the middle bench so I can go out rowing now and then. I was thinking about cutting two openings in the bench left and right of center for batteries, reinforce the middle part and put a seat post to use when I row, then move ahead and put the regular front seat just ahead of the bench with one of these s type posts a la russ's original 12 foot conv. To row, you kind of need to sit bench level, I have an extra seat, just pop it in and out when I need is what I am thinking.

thats sounds like it would work. i dont know how far you are going to be rowing, but i have paddled my boat from my seat on the front deck before.

Latest posts