well 1236 sold today now time to make the big plunge monday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick4634

Reaction score
get the 1442 for 300 dollars more its definatly worth it. And not trying to be an *** but it sounds like you dont keep boats long so you may want to go used seeing as you will never be able to make money off a new boat unless you get a really good deal which neither of those are. there good deals but not great

.064 is lite, most boats are .080 and the best ones are .100.. dealers will always tell you your crazy, there in the selling business, not the secrets revealed business... :)

Bugpac said:
Me or Boater? I have actually been a used car salesman for a few yrs, worked in a family business for a few yrs.. :mrgreen:

no that was for boater

Well, you ultimately want a 1852, so bigger is better. Go with the 1442. That's what I have and am glad I got that extra 6" in width. And something important to you... better resale :)

boater1234 said:
Man i'm sick as a dog can't shake this fever and cold i got.I am going down to offer a price on the 1442ncs and see were we end up,the boat is $1480 but i'm going to offer $1375cash+tax u know uncle sam gets his.If i can get that boat for that it was a steal that boat anywere here is no less then $1480 so $100 bucks off is good enough to me.I can do wonders with that boat so many ways to rig it and fishing room galore.thanks poolie that makes the most sense.well if i get better i will go today if not tomorrow the boat is not moving like me right now.

You need to check out www.edsmarinesuperstore.com. His asking price on the 1442ncs is $1300..

boater1234 said:
How are u nick?i do not know what lowe jons cost over there but i have looked on boat trader for the whole country and all the states who sell lowe are on there and no one can touch the 2010 1436 heavyweight.064 gauge jon boat for what i'm paying trust me on that i called out of state just for the heck of it and the cheapest i could find it out the door was $1290.I am getting it for $1100 that is a crazy deal trust me.there is a dealer 20 miles away from him but closer to me and i aked him if he could make that deal and he told me that guy is not making that deal he will loose money so i had him call him to see and he said go to him u must be nuts coming to me.he also said there is no one in my state of fla that can touch that deal and he is right.I called over 15 lowe dealers in fla over 500miles away and the closest any got was $1250 just for the boat and no one belived me about the deal that guy wants to give me.i just went to the biggest fla boat show of the year in tampa and the dealers there said i'm full of beans so this is by far the best deal but is it the wisest.

I just figured that if you checked the whole country and you called out of state that you were willing to travel...

Boater if that is what u really got then =D> .
As far as what to do with it that is up to you and u seem to me as tight with cash (not a bad thing)
Spend more get more go with all alum.
It last longer and helps in re sale as we all know u are very interested in that.

Congrats on the new rig. Make sure you post some pics when you get it. I have a 2006 25hp yamaha 2stroke. Its a hell of a motor. I have the manual start, and I was worried about it being harder to pull start, but its just as easy to start as my 9.9 was. It usually starts first pull. Keep the boat light and you should be pushing around 30mph. I get 33mph in my 1448 with the yamaha. Good luck brother.

Latest posts