boat insurance

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stew6371 said:
anyone carry it on their jonboat?

Love your avatar and sig.

Darn right I carry it. It's cheap, covers medical in event something bad happens and covers theft. Not unheard of to come back to launch to find a trailer has departed, as an example. Anyway, like I said, not much money and some peace of mind.

Lawdog said:
Not unheard of to come back to launch to find a trailer has departed, as an example.

[-X Trailer....being connected to the vehicle would be covered by the vehicle's insurance...just saying

Although for medical and boat damages, probably not a bad idea to have it.

I have it. I got $10,000 in coverage($5,000 for the boat/motor/trailer and $5,000 for gear) for $216 a year through Progressive. I didn't mess with medical coverage because Im active duty military and they cover all medical expenses.

It's a small price for peace of mind. We have too many meth heads around here in the country that like to steal anything thatll get them their next fix.

dyeguy1212 said:
Anybody know what $100,000 in liability insurance would run me per year? The nbaa required every boat have it.. seems kind of overkill
It shouldn't cost that much... I have $300k on mine and it runs me $425 a year.. no don't forget my boat is a 21x triton with a 225 yamaha on the back....
The 100k seems like overkill until someone sues you for that much

perchin said:
Lawdog said:
Not unheard of to come back to launch to find a trailer has departed, as an example.

[-X Trailer....being connected to the vehicle would be covered by the vehicle's insurance...just saying

You need to look into that as my ins. dosn't cover a trailer or its cargo. So yes i have it on boat,trailer and motor.

I used to have Farmers and it was really good and a fair price. Now I have USAA and it's just as good, but even more affordable.

It's always better to have and not need than need and not have! :!: :)

caveman said:
perchin said:
Lawdog said:

You need to look into that as my ins. dosn't cover a trailer or its cargo. So yes i have it on boat,trailer and motor.

I believe most policies will be similar. I inquired and checked my policy and I too needed the coverage.

I'm wanting to say that my boat is covered by homeowner's so long as it is sitting at home but it needs it's own policy as soon as I leave the driveway with it.

Called my insurance broker and they checked for me. I'm covered under my homeowners as long as the horsepower is under 50... but I just put a 50 hp on last year. :roll:

Bassboatcentral.com has an insurance thread - a sponsor there gives quotes. It wasn't too bad for me, in the neighborhood of $100, but my boat is an oldy, I'm basically paying for liability.

Will

Quackrstackr said:
I'm wanting to say that my boat is covered by homeowner's so long as it is sitting at home but it needs it's own policy as soon as I leave the driveway with it.

Look at it as mine isn't covered by home owners,also nor was my 4 wheeler it is best to know up front.
Just for info i have state farm.Good Ins.

Not to argue with anyone....but ya'll need to dig deeper with your broker's...lol, I've been a licenced insurance agent for the past 6 years. Now the difference may lay in the fact that I live in Michigan wich is a no fault state.

perchin said:
Not to argue with anyone....but ya'll need to dig deeper with your broker's...lol, I've been a licenced insurance agent for the past 6 years. Now the difference may lay in the fact that I live in Michigan wich is a no fault state.

Not sure i understand what you mean? :?:

Insurance for my rig covers the boat & trailer as was bought, and does not cover any add-ons, such as the depth finder, or any rods/tackle, etc. My agent told me he would gladly provide that extra coverage, lol. Mine runs $70 a year...................which I need to renew before I leave the driveway with it this season.

Oh, my agent has come to the house and taken photos (for his files) of the previous boat I owned, and my current one.

caveman said:
perchin said:

Not sure i understand what you mean? :?:

Michigan employs the law that no matter who is at fault in a auto accident, theft, injury, etc. No 1 party is at fault. Meaning that Say I get into an accident with joe.
Joe rearends me, Joe gets the ticket, and My insurance company still has to be the one to pay the bill for my repairs, not Joe's Ins. company. This also holds true with many other cases of theft, vandalism, and about any other thing you can imagine.
For Example I hate to admit this but I drove my Big Bear quad up the ramps onto my truck, almost flipped, freaked out and slammed on the rear brake...only to sling-shot through the rear of my cab, glass and all. :oops: Now my homeowners had nothing to do with this senario even though this was at home.

Latest posts