TROLLING / TUBE pulling Bar for my 172 ULTIMA ??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Reaction score
Hello All !

New to the Forum and figured this would be 'the place' to ask a question regarding my Smoker Craft 172 Ultima. Quite simply, I want to be able to PULL a TUBE full of KIDS and TROLL when fishing from the SAME Tow Bar. Since this can't be done with the 'Stock' Tow bar, I wanted something STRONG that I could connect to the Transom (Replace the Tow Hooks) I have seen SUCH A UNIT on a few CRESTLINERS, but was NEVER close enough to actually get a good LOOK at one. Unfortunately, I don't know what they are called and cannot find a single PHOTO on the NET! (although, I'm sure there are some around...)

Basically, it's a bent Stainless Steel Tube (2" diameter maybe?) that is bent in an 'Arc' and it seem to go from one TOW HOOK, up about four feet and to the other TOW HOOK.. The Tow hooks look like they are missing with Plates instead that hold the ends of the Tubes in place. There is a Reverse HOOK at the Center of the are Arc and it can easily pull Skiers and Tubes... It looks a bit like a Wakeboard tower, but much smaller. When not using it to pull a Tube, it is used with 'Aluminum or Stainless' Clamped or screwed on 'Cannon Tubes' for Trolling.

I NEED TO FIND THIS THING, so I can either MAKE one, or BUY ONE! Can anyone help ??

Thanks All,

/Jman..

Haven't personally seen anything like you describe, but then again I don't venture to the big waters, fishing small electric waters only. I'm sure there's someone on here that can assist you, or point you in the right direction.

Welcome Aboard! 8)

Hey Thanks!

I just noticed that the 2010 Crestliners have a 'SMALLER' version of what I'm looking for!

They have what they call a "Clamp on Tow Bar" that also acts as a trolling bar by merely adding on 'Clampable rod holders'. In the video's at Crestliner, they show a tube being pulled with it as well.... There are NO detailed photos on the NET however (that I could find..) so I'll have to find someone that HAS a 2010 'Fish/Ski' and see if I can get some photos or video...

Cheers,

/J...

Latest posts