Would you guys give $1400 for this??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerNinja

Reaction score
I had a change of plans..instead of modifying my 14ft boat I decided I would just sell it and buy a bigger boat...being green to this I have no idea what these things are worth..This guy will sell me this without the blind for $1400 or with blind for $1500. Is it worth it?? its 18ft and 74 in wide....motor DOES NOT come with the boat......

Attachments

• Boat 1.JPG
    Boat 1.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 694
  • Boat 2.JPG
    Boat 2.JPG
    78 KB · Views: 694
  • Boat 3.JPG
    Boat 3.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 694
  • Boat 4.JPG
    Boat 4.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 694
  • boat 5.JPG
    boat 5.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 694
not sure of the brand??? ya the trailer comes with it. I am getting off work and deciding between that boat and this 16ft for $1200 w/out motor..it looks like better shape and trolling motor comes with it...but the other one is 2ft longer so I am not sure which one to go with

Attachments

• 16ft jon boat 2.jpg
    16ft jon boat 2.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 670
  • 16ft jon boat 3.jpg
    16ft jon boat 3.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 670
  • 16ft jon boat.jpg
    16ft jon boat.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 670
I would easily spend the extra $200 for the extra 2 feet... especially when it is a blank canvas to work with and make it to how I would want it with decks. That sucker is deep and the possibilities are endless... lots of storage space too which is what you really need to look for.

I think I have the bass pro shop in my boat... it's hard to find anything anymore because I keep adding boxes of lures!

Thanks for the insite I basically just use the boat for running diddy poles and catfishing out of the des moines river here in Iowa. so I maybe would put a deck up front and storage and keep the rest open so its easy to run from front to the back..

I would also go with the 18ft. If you don't you'll always say "yeah for $200 more I could of had a bigger deeper wider boat".....bigger=better!!

Man I could really do some things with that boat!

I would ditch that blind. It looks VERY heavy and if you are gonna duck hunt, you can build a much better and lighter blind for cheaper than you think (I did mine with conduit frame and "fastgrass" mats for about $300 and it stores on the wall in my garage). Just my opinion but well worth it to lose all that weight and bulkiness. Something I have to think about around here (maybe you don't) but they can be an eye sore to the neighbors in the off season.

That boat looks structurally sound from what I can see and has some real potential and I'd bet it would take up to a 90 hp max. Good luck with what you decide.

I would go with the 16 footer since its in better shape, $200 less and the trailer looks like its made for the boat while the other trailer looks homemade or thrown together.

Do you need the extra 2'? That's what you need to decide on.
The extra 2' will give you more elbow room, storage, and a better riding boat if the lake gets rough.
The 16' will be easier to maneuver on the water and get blown around a little less. Fit easier in your garage if you wanted to put it in there.

Oh Yeah.....To answer your topic title...NO I wouldn't give that much money for either one of those motorless boats. Somebody would have a hard time getting $1000 for either one of those boats around my neck of the woods. Occasionally I see fully rigged Basstrackers for $2K or less. Last year I sold an older 17' Basstracker with a nice Minn Kota Maxxum trolling motor with an older 85hp Mercury (ran but needed worked on) for $1200. I paid $1100 for it and fished out of it 4-5 years.

Those boats your looking at could be fairly priced for your area. If I were you I would check all the Craigslists within a 5 hours drive from you and see whats out there. A 10 hour round trip is nothing compared to the amount of time your going to spend in whatever boat you decide to buy. If your near Florida or Texas check them out since they seem price their used boats cheaper.

the 18' just has a 72" beam right, the floor is what id be concerend with, Lookls like a 48 or 52, what is the width on the 16' at the floor..

On a side note, I wouldn't buy the 18' till i seen the blind off the boat and seen the gunnels or whatever they are called... The look like they may be beat up pretty good, But i would definitely opt for the extra 2' in a heart beat, Id like a 20' for myself to tell ya the truth... Then i can redneck it real good and put a gas grill in the middle... J/K....

Whoopbass said:
I would go with the 16 footer since its in better shape, $200 less and the trailer looks like its made for the boat while the other trailer looks homemade or thrown together.

Do you need the extra 2'? That's what you need to decide on.
The extra 2' will give you more elbow room, storage, and a better riding boat if the lake gets rough.
The 16' will be easier to maneuver on the water and get blown around a little less. Fit easier in your garage if you wanted to put it in there.

Oh Yeah.....To answer your topic title...NO I wouldn't give that much money for either one of those motorless boats. Somebody would have a hard time getting $1000 for either one of those boats around my neck of the woods. Occasionally I see fully rigged Basstrackers for $2K or less. Last year I sold an older 17' Basstracker with a nice Minn Kota Maxxum trolling motor with an older 85hp Mercury (ran but needed worked on) for $1200. I paid $1100 for it and fished out of it 4-5 years.

Those boats your looking at could be fairly priced for your area. If I were you I would check all the Craigslists within a 5 hours drive from you and see whats out there. A 10 hour round trip is nothing compared to the amount of time your going to spend in whatever boat you decide to buy. If your near Florida or Texas check them out since they seem price their used boats cheaper.

I wanna live in your neck of the woods.......If I could get boats that cheap, I wouldn't have room for my vehicles in the garage :mrgreen:

Boats are definitely cheaper here then many other parts of the country but its not like if you want to pick up a $1200 Basstracker or $800 16' flatbottom you can find one the same day and go down and pick it up. It might take 1-2 months of constant Craigslist watching to find the right boat at the right price. When you find a low priced boat or anything for that matter you have to pounce on it because someone else will. There is a lot of people making a living buying and reselling craigslist stuff in this area (Northern CA).

I would go with the smaler boat also and u can design it the way u want . Plus it looks like your getting agalvanized trailer with there worth belive me

Latest posts