Painting with cans

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
Any spay can works much better if you use a container of hot water, shake the can till it rattles at leat one minute, spray/ paint for 5 seconds or so, then imerse the can 3/4 way in the hot water, that will raise the pressure again to spray with power, repeat as needed, you can get good mileage and better spraying power. Do not leave can in water more then 15 seconds or so.

Another trick if you run out of presure is to take a rubber tip blow nozzle,take tip off can & put rubber tip on end of can & presurize.Done this many of times.No more than 100 psi is what I use.
The hot water is a trick that I never heard of. =D>

Hot water trick is an old artist trick to put primer on sculptures, to give tooth so it can be painted by hand after the primer is applied. It works on all aplications, specially if you dont want it to run, its like a cheapo airbrush...

Yeah.... I've always just stepped on the can and put a dent in it before to add pressure....but this is neat and I can't wait to try it. :mrgreen:

Latest posts