14' V Hull Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got this boat free about 15 years ago. As you can see from the pics, it was used for net fishing.
When you stand on the floor, it is a bit "flimsy". Most of the back rivets leak...not terrible but enough to get the floor good and wet . I took it out fishing once and everytime you would step near the back, the rivets would leak. Lots of years of abuse with this thing......

My plan is to hammer the rivets back down over the entire boat and give it a couple of coats of steelflex. Also going to use herculiner ( or similar) on the floor to help give it a bit more support.

Because the aluminum on this boat is quite flexible, I am wondering if I would be best to seal off each rivet. Whats best for this application--JBweld, Cabelas aluminum boat patch, 5200 ??
I would weld them with tig, but the floor seams to be so thin I am afraid of putting holes in it with my limited knowledge of aluminum welding #-o .

boat14008-1.jpg

boat14009.jpg

boat14010.jpg

boat14012.jpg

boat14011.jpg

Latest posts