Took the boat out..No leaks ...No Crappie either...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCR

Reaction score
Oh well ...but great news no leaks.. :D :D But I tell you what you get spoiled by having a nice pedestal cushioned seat to sit on.. sitting on a plain old jon boat bench seat ...well just plain sucks .. As long as the rain holds off tomorrow will get started with the mod in earnest.. question, with these bigger boats how do handle the mods? I mean handling on and off the trailer is a 2 man job empty . can't imagine what a struggle it will be once the mods are done. I thought about making some low saw horses about trailer level . scoot the back end off the trailer and on to a saw horse .,pull the trailer forward and when its just about off place the second saw horse. and then vice versa when loading it back on the trailer. Just thinking out loud.. any advice would be appreciated . Thanks Jerry

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    358.8 KB · Views: 297
Why are you taking it off the trailer? If you can do the mods with out removing it that would be fine. But if your needing it off then yes your suggestion could possibly work. However pulling forward with the boat on the saw horse could make it want to tip.

We use jack stands and boards on the back and then use like a 55 gal drum for the front with carpet on it, or a pipe across two barrels with carpet on it. But those are for fiberglass boats. This aluminum boats are so light you can get away with just about anything.