New here with new project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassBlaster

Reaction score
Hello all, first time poster. I just found this site and now I am so excited about starting my new project. I just picked up an abused Lowe 1436 Jon. I had planned on putting a full deck on it but after reading here I have decided thats not such a good idea with a 36" boat. I'm a bigger fella being 6'-2" and 265. Its still getting modded regardless though. Getting a floor and carpet, live well and I'm sure some other ideas I see on here. Cant wait to get started. Awesome site, glad I found it!!

Welcome aboard!

Just dig in man... a 1436 still has a lot of possibilities - even with your height/weight. You can still do decks, just don't put them higher than the bench seats.

Personally, I would start the deck where the floor and the very front bench meet, then run that parallel back to the middle bench. It will probably be 3-4" lower than the bench top, but that will keep your center of gravity a bit lower and keep your stability pretty well

Welcome aboard!

I agree that decking a 1436 is probably not gonna work too good for stability....that is unless you put pontoons on the outside. That Might give you enough stability to deck your boat like any other. Just something to consider.

welcome aboard. you have received some good advice so far. also post lots of pics.

I will post post pics as soon as I'm ready to get going on this project. I'm excited about it but still sifting through the wealth of knowledge on this site. Tons of ideas.

Latest posts