Tracker 1542 built in Live well idea's

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X53Gunner

Reaction score
Well I bit the bullet and bought a brand new 1542 tracker. I love the boat it is perfect for what I will be doing. I'm am a fuzz bit confused about the built in Live well in the center of the center seat. Its supposed to be a self filling live well, basically there is a threaded hole through the bottom of the boat. But you only take in a couple inches of water as that is all you really draft when in the water. I'm not sure what I should do to make this a good functioning live well or am I just doing somthing really stupid here? Thanks for your time!
Scott

I just bought a Tracker 1648 and it has the same livewell setup. I was wondering the same thing myself. I haven't put it in the water yet but I figured when you pulled the plug it would fill all the way up thus only needing a way to aerate the water. But if it doesn't even fill completly there must be another way to make it work. Maybe a small bilge pump hooked up to the drain plug that way you could control the flow of water with a switch maybe? I am glad you posted this and I can't wait to hear what the guys have to say about it.
Thanks
Travis

Your only going to take in as much water as the boat is drafting. So if the boat is only drafting 2" then you will only get 2" in the live well. I would suggest getting a bilge or aerator pump and using it to fill and move the water in the tank. Does it already have a system to circulate the water? If so sometimes there is a switch or valve that can be opened to move the water in the tank and fill it up.

I modified my boat with a livewell and did the bilge pump thing. It's more of a hassle then anything. In order to fill it I have to hit the switch then jump to the back of the boat where the pump is located so the extra weight sinks the back lower in the water otherwise it sucks too much air.
If your not fishing tourneys then I would use a bucket to fill and then install a small bilge inside for aeration. In order for it to aerate you will need to buy a aeration kit. Instead of buying the kit I just ran a hose from the pump up to a mounted pvc pipe that I cut a bunch of small slits into.

Latest posts