decking/storage/floor layout HELP!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkansasnative

Reaction score
hey guys! im in the middle of modding my 1432 flatbottom and im having some trouble deciding the best way to use what little space i do have and keeping it balanced. i posted this question in my build thread but i feel that it would get more attention with its own thread and help anyone else with a skinny jon make a decision. i have come up with 4 options all including some basic for-sure things i wanna do ( buford style center seat mod, slightly raised deck up front, gas and deep cycle storage in rear) but all have their variations. im looking for opinions, help, and anything else you could offer including changes for the better!
basic boat setup.jpg
boat option 1.jpg
Boat option 2.jpg
Boat option 3.jpg

It looks likie you have given it some thought. Any ofthose floow plan would do. But I wouldn't mount any of it permanently until you have time to get it in te wate and see how she sits with your mod's in. Then you will be able to see how it all works together. Keep us posted. You got some good ideas there. Just be careful not to over mod as you don't have a lot of realestate towork with in a 1432.

yea thats what im afraid of... i might end up selling it and getting something bigger and newer. i just want to be able to fish without worrying all the time about goin overboard.

what do you mean by rethinking the open front seat? not cut it out? ill have my cooler, anchor, trolling motor, etc in the front so i was figuring it would be about even...

You could cut out the top, put a lid on, put the battery in there ( lots of weight) still be able to put a seat on there or just ahead of the bench like Russ did in his previous Mod, or me currently. The gas and motor are heavy enough in the back, plus you sit there going out no?

i did think about that in the beginning... i was hoping with the smaller 12v batteries in the sides, wood from low deck, and all the other stuff up there would balance out alot of the weight. if i did the side box the battery would go in there to offset the cooler. i still cant decide!

I want to build seat bases out of aluminum angle that is 2x2x1/8? And skin the frames with thin plywood for the carpet .The top I would use 1/2 plwood to mount the seats seeing they have holes for mounting in them .What do you think?or should I just build the bases out of plywood thanks grumpybear

Plywood should be a bit thicker I think, another NY'er! Man we got a crowd...
Listen when you post questions, just make a new post with a subject, that way you will get more answers then being in someone else's thread. Good luck.

Latest posts