Finally got off my a$$ and installed my TM foot pedal tray

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popeye

Reaction score
I said I was gonna do it last year and found too many reasons to put it off. This year I says, this year… So I ordered the Troll-eze because it was #1, the least expensive ($97.99 at Tackle Warehouse, And stupid me, I just looked at the Troll-Eze website and they have them for $79.00), and #2, it was rugged metal. It was a nice day today but too windy to go Perch fishing on Lake Michigan and the wife just left town for the weekend, so I decided to tackle the project finally.

First I put both my tall post with butt seat and short post with comfy seat and decided where the foot pedal would be best placed.

Iwantithere.jpg

Then I taped the template to the deck and verified how the pedal would sit in the tray.

Template.jpg

I drew some lines to cut out the carpet and then drilled a hole in each corner

CutCarpethere.jpg

Then I removed the front deck board and on the back side, drew an outline from each hole to show where to cut the wood.

Cutwoodhere.jpg

I cut the carpet away,

Carpetcutaway.jpg

Flipped it over and cut the hole. I sealed the cut edges of the wood with Silicone RTV sealant.

Bighole.jpg

After cutting away a bit of flotation foam (and bagged it up and jammed it in a void up front) I placed the tray in the hole and screwed it down.

Trayinstalled.jpg

Put the pedal in the tray and butt seat in place and I’m ready to go.

Readyforduty.jpg

If I had to do it all over again I would have pushed it about 3 inches further forward. The pedal wants to lift ever so slightly when I deploy the trolling motor. If my cable was a tad longer it would be a moot point. I do not plan on screwing the pedal to the tray because I can not leave the TM on the boat or some POS Bastage will prolly steal it like they did my small Honda outboard. I might put a couple of footman loops and then use one of those short bungee cords to hold it in. Next project is to cut a piece of plate metal for a cover for when I’m trolling for Salmon and don’t want a hole in the deck.

AND NO, IT'S NOT CROOKED, I MEASURED IT LIKE 5 TIMES BEFORE CUTTING!

That looks good, Andy! =D>

Would a spacer underneath the pedal maybe solve the pedal lifting when the tm is deployed? Take a piece of a poly cutting board (1/4" ?) and cut to fit in the tray, and put under the pedal.

Waterwings said:
That looks good, Andy! =D>

Would a spacer underneath the pedal maybe solve the pedal lifting when the tm is deployed? Take a piece of a poly cutting board (1/4" ?) and cut to fit in the tray, and put under the pedal.

It might, but then it would raise it up and right now... it feels perfect. I'm thinking a bungee across the very front of the pedal base or even the cable would do the trick. Looking at the last picture, you can see it's just about flat.

A bungee just may do what is needed :) . Just a thought, but you might check occasionally (after some use) to see if the front lip of the tray is rubbing/wearing against the sleeve the push-pull cables run through.

Latest posts