Instaling seat hardware in bench

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
Trying to figure out how this is done, since the sheet metal is so thin, plywood on top etc, I read somewhere about toggle screws , but I cant figure out how that could be done? so, what is the best way to install?

Alot of oppions on it, but I used 1/4 inch diameter rivets, i got them at my auto paint and body shop, this has worked and alot of guys use them, nothen has failed or wore out yet, its been three years now, not even looses.

I had to buy the big daddy rivet gun for these big boys.

I put a piece of 1/2" plywood on top and used stainless bolts that have a screw head on top and a big washer and lock nuts underneath.

Froggy, I assume your not decking over your bench seats, As I did after I carpeted over my bench seats I simply drilled four holes for the rivets in the bench seat and then drilled a center hole for the seat post to go into, then I popped the barcket straight to the bench, she is as tight as the day I did it, its not coming off unless I drill out the rivets 8)

Froggy said:
The part I dont get is : do you drill in the sheet metal or not, if you do , how do you bolt it up?

You have to drill into the bench sheet. If you are decking your seat I think you can just use stainless screws into the wood and seat. If you spread the load it shouldnt really pose a problem imo.

Latest posts