Best Deep V to Mod??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripwirenh

Reaction score
I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon, but was dreaming about the future. I was wondering what you guys think would be the best Deep V aluminum (of course) boat to mod? I think some of the main concerns would be beam, length, stability, welded vs. riveted, price, quality, etc.

tripwirenh said:
I'm not looking to upgrade anytime soon, but was dreaming about the future. I was wondering what you guys think would be the best Deep V aluminum (of course) boat to mod? I think some of the main concerns would be beam, length, stability, welded vs. riveted, price, quality, etc.

I'm right with ya on the dreaming of the deep v days to come. I seen the perfect boat for me at bi mart the other day. It was an alumacraft 15 footer with console steering. An older version of this boat https://alumacraft.com/deluxe-side-console-boats/fisherman-145-cs-3.php late 90's. It had no out board and the teleflex cable was gone it was a theft recovery he only wanted 1500 for it. I lost sleep for four nights over trying to figure out a way to justify spending the cash.

If you are wanting an older riveted deep vee that needs some work, a Lund is a good place to start. Excellent hull to work with, plenty of options, and given all of them had wood decks and the likes, they can be found in the "needing work" condition. Down here, we refer to them as the "yankee walleye cadillacs." They truly are a quality boat.

Latest posts