Some quick help on this one please!?!?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perchin

Reaction score
So some of you might know that I'm scrapping the Meyers boat I was going to mod, cuz its full of problems. I just found this today, and I think its a good deal. It's a 14 foot sea nymph. Mod V. I can pick it up tonight for $300.00. Is this going to work for some mods????

https://lansing.craigslist.org/boa/1678632271.html

see if you can talk him down to $250... if you don't have a trailer, will this fit in the back of your truck?

russ010 said:
see if you can talk him down to $250... if you don't have a trailer, will this fit in the back of your truck?

Yeah, It'll go into my truck.... and hang out a ways :LOL2: !! mental note... red flag needed for anything hanging 4' or more off back!!! I'll try $250.00 but I doubt he'll bite. He said he just lowered the price from 450 obo, to 350 obo. [-o< [-o< [-o<

Offer $250.00...if he says no then offer to meet him halfway @ $300.00 cash. You can talk him down....no trailer....transom looks a little bent up (?) (hard to tell from picture)...

I would take a very close look at the transom...poke the wood with a sharp point nail, pocket knife, whatever...hard = good to go, soft = dry rot...might need replacing....

I bought a similar boat for similar money last year. I personally regretted it as I saw better deals pop up (i.e. got my 16' MonArk for $200) but haven't seen much this year yet. So if it's a good deal by you, grab it, but I like something a little bigger myself.

Im from Grand Rapids and I spend alot of time on Craigslist. I personally think that you can find a much better deal than that. I have seen alot of 14ft semi v with trailer and sometimes extras in the 450 range. I think it would have to be in super good condition to pay 300. As long as you have the cash on you I guarantee a better deal will come along and youll be ready. Before I bought my boat I tried to lock down two other boats and by the time I could arrange the cash they were gone so when I had the money I lived on Craigslist till an even better buy came along and it did so I drove to ann arbor and got her. While filling out the paperwork he recieved 3 phone calls on the boat.

basshunter25 said:
Im from Grand Rapids and I spend alot of time on Craigslist. I personally think that you can find a much better deal than that. I have seen alot of 14ft semi v with trailer and sometimes extras in the 450 range. I think it would have to be in super good condition to pay 300. As long as you have the cash on you I guarantee a better deal will come along and youll be ready. Before I bought my boat I tried to lock down two other boats and by the time I could arrange the cash they were gone so when I had the money I lived on Craigslist till an even better buy came along and it did so I drove to ann arbor and got her. While filling out the paperwork he recieved 3 phone calls on the boat.

Well...... I picked her up tonight..... I didn't need a trailer, already have one. paid $250 for her. I don't think that is a bad price, and think it would be hard to find a 14' solid sea nymph for much cheaper. Thanks for everyone's replies, it will soon be in the mod section.

Latest posts