How much is my trailer worth?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basshunter25

Reaction score
I just bought a boat and the trailer that came with it is too small. It is a homemade aluminum trailer that is very well built. It has leaf springs, new coupler, new lights and wiring, new tires with bearing buddies, and it is very light. I need to either sell it or trade it for a bigger one and im trying to get an idea of what its worth. I have been told that because it is aluminum it is more valuable and I don't know if thats because of the price of metal or because less weight is less strain on your vehicle. Any help appreciated. And I live in Michigan and its boat buying season.
Thanks
Travis

Attachments

• Tracker Sportsman Resized pics.jpg
    Tracker Sportsman Resized pics.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 250
  • Tracker Sportsman Resized pic 2.jpg
    Tracker Sportsman Resized pic 2.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 250
Around here $250-500 depending on the season.... If it's summer and it's in tip top shape you might push $600-650.

Thanks,
Jerry

Where I'm at, I'd list it at 350, and be talked down from there. Not sure too much more could be gotten out of it, with the Northern/Harbor Freight trailers being around that price. On a trailer that small, the weight difference is going to be so small, I personally wouldn't give it much merit.

Down here near the salt that is worth $500 all day. If it was longer it would go up from there. A single axle that will hold a 19'-21' boat is worth almost $1000.