Getting a title in Ohio?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DerekJ

Reaction score
Has anyone from Ohio had to get a title for a boat that didnt come with one? I recently bought an 18' boat and got a bill of sale with it. It came from a fly fishing shop that the guy owned. The bill of sale is an actual receipt from his business. When I called the title office they told me the last person who the boat was titled to would have to transfer it to me before I could register it. Has anyone had to deal with this? If so, how did you finally get your title? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is some more info just in case it helps:

Boat has been registered before, numbers still on boat.
Owner that it was last titled to lives in Florida
Have contacted person I bought it from to try and get more info from him

Again, thanks for any help you can give me.

I'm dealing with kinda the same thing here in VA. Previous owner of my boat is my Father in law. No title. What I had to do was call the Department of Game and Fish. Tell them the deal, they sent me a form to give to the owner. He has to sign it in front of a Notary. Then you send that form back in (along with a new registration form), and they send you a new title. That's the way they do it in VA.

I saw you had a problem I went to https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/tabid/2774/default.aspx

and this is what they had I hope it helps you out. https://www.dnr.state.oh.us/Portals/4/pdfs/forms/8455.pdf

I know here in MI when my father lost his I just sent for another one. But a lot of boats don't have anything to identify it. I wish you luck. [-o<

Your screwed :lol: you better just sell me that boat for $100 bucks and you wont have to worry about that title :LOL2:

Jwengerd said:
Your screwed :lol: you better just sell me that boat for $100 bucks and you wont have to worry about that title :LOL2:

Havent you bought enough boats with problems? Or just havent learned your lesson yet after the first 2? lol

If worse comes to worse, International Title Service is the way to go. I used them last year, pricey but worth every penny when there is a complete dead end on a boat.

Latest posts