Action rod holders?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMoose

Reaction score
Does anyone have Action rod holders from Cabelas, and if so what do you think of them? The price seems good (two for $16.99), and I like the flush mounts. I was thinking about buying extra mounts and putting them all around the boat so I can just move the holders around when I need to.

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/...t21300&parentType=index&indexId=cat21300&rid=
p030603sq02.jpg

I have a Scotty's brand that I mounted for my wife to use. It's a real sturdy mount. I also purchased the flush-deck mount so there wouldn't be anything to snag line when the holder isn't mounted.

holder:
Rod_Holder_Mounted2.JPG

flush-deck mount:
Rod_Holder_Flush_Mount.JPG

flush-deck mount installation dwg from the Scotty's site:
%23444_Compact_Threaded_Deck_Mount~0.jpg

Looks like those are about double the price, but I like the cap that snaps over top. hmmmm :) Thanks

Glad to assist. The cap is made of rubber (not hard plastic), and fits fairly snug in the mount hole, so it's not flapping in the breeze while the boat is in tow. Just guessing, but the Scotty brand and Action brands may be fit each others mounts, but not sure.