Help!! I crossed back over to the other side again!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Specknreds

Reaction score
The "Fiberglass side". :) . I could not pass this deal up. It might lead to a divorce, but I just bought a 211 Cobia Bay boat. It is loaded and in about 90% showroom condition. A 200hp 4-stroke Yammerjammer with ~150hrs. I sea trialed it today in an ugly 2' chop and it rode smooth as glass. It has a Trolling Motor, GPS, Depthfinder, VHF, and Clarion sound system. There are a few things that it needs (I can feel my wifes hands around my throat)but it is very fishable as is. I can already see a few mods in the future (i feel those hands tightening around my throat again). It is very fast hence the name BLU-BY-U. I think I'm going to keep that name.
2008_0101boat0019.jpg

2008_0101boat0031.jpg

2008_0101boat0016.jpg

2008_0101boat0015.jpg

2008_0101boat0026.jpg

2008_0101boat0022.jpg

Thanks everyone. My wife actually was :? (and I say was,not so much now) the one encouraging me to get this boat. The "was" part came after we agreed to buy it. She thought you buy the boat and thats it. After insurance, registrations, tags, 13 hours driving strait to get it plus expences, and a pile of other unforseens, it has nickled and dimed us to death (the very definition of a boat!!). All of the other boats I had were bought before we were married.

BA and FishingCop, I have invited both of you before and you always have an open invitation.

Jim - you name the time

Very nice - I do not blame you one bit for going glass - in the salt and with heavy use the glass is gonna be loads better then tin

Now it is wax on - wax off time :LOL2:

Captain Ahab said:
Very nice - I do not blame you one bit for going glass - in the salt and with heavy use the glass is gonna be loads better then tin

Now it is wax on - wax off time :LOL2:

Thanks Cap.

I have always had a bay or offshore boat until this economy took a dump. I probably should have kept my other boats but I sold them because my family comes first and I refuse to put unnecessary financial binds on them. I might have jumped the gun a little but I'm back with my second true love (fishing, fun, and sun while island hopping). I'm not restricted anymore by my Alweld!!! :D

20 knot winds all weekend so no christening the decks with fish slim :? , but friends called and said that they going to the sand bar (a big sand bar on the Jordan River where everyone goes to swim and hang out). So, I'll just go run her in the river this weekend.

Why did you remind me of the wax :roll: ???? They detailed it before I bought it so I'm good for a trip or two. The tinboats have their advantages. Just hose and go!!!

Sweet sled, Specknreds!

Have fun on the Jordan ( I know the sandbar of which you speak!) and look forward to your fishing reports from the islands. I was trying to talk my lil bro into taking his Grady out there to Cat Island sometime soon for the fishing. Love that place.

Cheers,
yak_n_fish

yak_n_fish said:
Sweet sled, Specknreds!

Have fun on the Jordan ( I know the sandbar of which you speak!) and look forward to your fishing reports from the islands. I was trying to talk my lil bro into taking his Grady out there to Cat Island sometime soon for the fishing. Love that place.

Cheers,
yak_n_fish

Let me know when you go. If I'm not working to pay for this boat, I'll try to meet you. I live less than a 30 minutes from the Pass Christian Yacht harbor where we launch to go to Cat. I mainly fish the islands in Breton Sound now, but wouldn't think twice about Cat Island. My wife likes Cat Island for it's white sand and clearer water (if you can call our water clear :) ). She puts out her lawn chair and I wade fish all day.

I finally had a chance for a short fishing trip instead of cruising the rivers. I broke it right. We had fish flopping everywhere. It started weird. We were in Lake Pontchartrain in the middle fishing the bridges. On the 3rd cast, I felt a solid thump. I set the hook and couldn't budge it the first few seconds. It turned out to be a big freshwater Blue Catfish, close to 10lbs. I ended up with a grand slam several flounder, 1 redfish, and a whole mess of Trout. We were back home by 1PM so I could wash the boat and relax some before work tomorrow. It is almost summer!!!! I have a nice sunburn.

Latest posts