1980's Polar Kraft S1444 - opinions?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rancocasrich

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a 1980's Polar Kraft S1444 aluminum jon boat at a sensible price. I am a big guy and need a stable wide boat for stand-up casting. Does anyone have an opinion on this boat or on Polar Kraft in general? Thanks.

Polarcraft is a good boat. I wouldnt hesitate to buy one. My buddy has a 1442 with casting decks on the front and back, and its stable with both of us standing up casting, so I believe a 1444 would do just fine. Were both bigger guys, at about 225 apiece, so I think youre good.

Froggy said:
I'll work 44 inches wide, you can be 300Lbs just in case.... Go for it!

I have a 1985 polarkraft 1440 and it is VERY stable! PolarKrafts are great boats. Mine is 25 years old and is still holding up! bery well built and nice thick aluminum unlike those Bass Tracker Toppers and others. You are getting a good quality boat

Thanks for the replies. I bought the Polar Kraft. It is a 1975. It towed home just fine. I cleaned it up a lot and it looks like a good boat. now to get it registered and on the water.