Need some help!!!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmowery2333

Reaction score
I am painting my boat next week, but I want to make sure to get the right kind and apply it the right way. I want to paint the outside silver and the inside either a darker green or brown color. The only thing is, I need help on what type of paint to use (spray can or brush) I would like to use brush cause I don't spray paint much and don't want to get runs in it. Also, my boat is aluminum so I am not sure the type of paint to get and where to find it. I am also going to paint my trailor black, but I think I will just spray paint that because it's an older trailor and anything will make it look better. What type of spray should I get for that? Looking to use all flat colors. Sorry this is so long...any suggestions? Thanks!

Very good question,I've read somewhere that if you put the wrong kind of paint on aluminum it will actually deterioate it...looking forward to the answers of the more experienced guys on this site,,good luck with your project Mike

Boat- if the existing paint is good and not too flaky, scuff it up and apply primer (self-etching spray cans were what i used frm autozone i think, on the bare metal) and then paint - just make sure to get the loose stuff off. I would use pettite easypoxy topside or interlux topside for the finishing coat, rustoleum also makes one as well). light wet sanding in between coats with 320 grit, and youll love the finish after 3 coats. machine spraying lightly is the best, but i roll and tipped and it came out greats as well.

Latest posts