Weldbuilt

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bassinRN

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum although I have stopped by from time to time over the years. I'm looking to purchase a jon boat and in particular a 12' Weldbuild boat. Any thoughts on these? I apologize if this is a repeat topic....haven't had time to read everything here. Thanks :beer:

New or used? I'd seriously look into a 14' over the 12 unless you have space issues. The extra 2 feet is much appreciated. I have owned both sizes and recently went to 15'. $200.00 price difference is well worth it IMO.

Thanks for the replies. The reason I'm opting for the 12 footer is weight. Because they are welded and not riveted they are heavier and the 12 footer weighs about 160lbs + which is just about my limit in terms of hoisting this thing onto my truck alone (one side at a time of course :LOL2: ) As much as I would love the extra room, the extra weight is too much. Besides being welded, what I like most about this boat is the 4ft width and the 0.83 metal thickness. Initially the shipping costs would have prevented me from buying this however another guy from close by purchased a larger boat from them and is driving down there to pick it up and agreed to haul my boat back for short $ =D>

whitedog59 said:
That 1248F in your picture weighs about #240

I specifically asked Jeremy at Backwoods Landing and he told me 160....I may have to talk to him again #-o

Latest posts