new guy questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicksdad

Reaction score
Never had a boat before and Im interested in a jon boat because I like the flat surface... a platform would be added to any boat I get.. I like to stand and pitch lures Anyway , I found one on craigs list... Is 250.oo to much for a 14 ft. no trailer, no motor... three seat model. Not modified....I will eventually have to get a trailer because I want to use my jeep instead of my pickup too get around

$250.00 is not a bad deal. Unless its some weird 1432 or something. I would imagine the bottom width is at least 36"

I recently purchased a Lowe 1436 from Craigslist for $275 and it needs a bit of work. I felt like I got a fair deal so I think $250 is a pretty good price.

My 1436 was $195. I had to replace the transom and have a seam in the bow welded. The repairs ran about $50.00 so for $245 total I was boating.

its a 14 ft ... from Kmart no less.... so its probably 20 years old ... he says its water tight... I offered 150 and a guitar with no luck ...
I may have to give in ... but I will need some kind of trailer... can one from a Jet ski be used... ? Man this harder than I thought...
not to many jon boats in california ...

nicksdad said:
its a 14 ft ... from Kmart no less.... so its probably 20 years old ... he says its water tight... I offered 150 and a guitar with no luck ...
I may have to give in ... but I will need some kind of trailer... can one from a Jet ski be used... ? Man this harder than I thought...
not to many jon boats in california ...

Yes look at troutman3000's build. He got a waverunner trailer. I had no idea Kmart made a Jon Boat :shock: I would offer 225, I love to barter. Any phone pic.'s or anything of it???

I kinda thought 250 was high for a 20+ year old tin boat from K-mart. I guess I have alot to learn about boats..
That may be how It goes but I had to try to bargain. Is it normal to buy a boat with a trailer. seams like it would be easier to get them together.

You should be able to find a trailer. I've seen some here in southern Utah for free, all you have to do is haul it away. If you can, be patient and I'm sure one will turn up that will work for your boat. I'm also pretty sure you could get a waverunner trailer to work for a 14 ft. jon.

$250 is aresonable price. As far as trailers go keep looking around and you'll find a good dal on one or the Harbor Freight idea is good option.

My Wards jon looks like it may have been made by starcraft. Maybe you can find out who made the boats for K-Mart.
The Harbor Freight, Menards and Northern Tool trailers are nice but after I put in the floor, small deck, battery, anchors, motor and fuel my 14' jon and trailer weigh in at 700 pounds.

OK, I got back sunday night after overnight fishing trip with my little buddy we caught a 12 inch rainbow. (pictures to follow) and ....
I had an Email.... they are gonna take $150.oo and a guitar. Now I gotta wait to find out where they are...hope its not too far...

Holly cow its an hour and a half away ... Im gonna keep looking ... she cant even email a picture

Latest posts