Look what followed me home!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bAcKpAiN

Reaction score
I pulled the trigger and bought a new (to me) boat. It is an 81 Fisher Marine SV160 bass boat with a Chrysler 45Hp on the back. It needs some cosmetic love when I can get around to it but for now it is going to get fishy. Got the boat, motor, trailer and all that is seen in the pics. He went over all of it before selling it to make sure everythig was right. He cleaned carbs, charged batteries, changed plugs, changed lower unit oil, repacked bearings etc all for $1900. He even reconfigured the trailer to get the bunks under the transom for me.

On to the pics!

raven174us said:
Good lookin boat. Looks like the family is gonna enjoy it too. You going to do any mods to it?

In time I am going to extend the front deck back to the console and have the livewell centered underneath that deck. I plan on recarpeting the whole thing and replacing the bench seat behind the wheel with some smaller ones. These things will come probably in the winter before next season.

Right now I am just trying to get it on the water. I haven't had time so much as to look at it for more than an hour. I need to repair a small leak in the bottom, and get my new (to me) trolling motor installed. I found a 54# thrust 24V Evinrude--it is really just a Minn Kota--for $100. I sold the one that came on the boat, so now I am grounded till I can get another battery and longer mounting bolts for the new motor. All things in time.

I rushed my last boat to some degree, and left some things in a way I wasn't super happy with, the heavy wood construction for example. This time I am trying to be more patient and do it the way I REALLY want it. In other words, I am not extending the front deck until I can afford aluminum to do it, as well as possibly a prefab livewell like Rus has. Unless for some reason the small front deck is so unstable I can't handle it, it is staying as it is for the season.

Great looking boat - looks like something to take under the 95 bridge right now with a few herring :wink: :wink: :wink:

Is that a livewell or just storage in front of the console? Either way I'd move it to the middle and extend the deck around it, it would provide a lot of support 'for free' and you'd need less aluminum to frame in the rest of the deck. It probably already has a lid you could adapter into a hatch.

Speaking of hatches, Tempress has a couple of nice ones on sale, colors are limited but I got a 13 x 23 in Olive (OD Green) for 40 bucks. and a 11 x 15 small hatch for 15 bucks. https://www.tempress.com/store/specials.php They are polypropylene plastic but they are nice and stout, much better than I expected even though Tempress seems to make some really quality seats

Captain Ahab said:
Great looking boat - looks like something to take under the 95 bridge right now with a few herring :wink: :wink: :wink:
I know right? I don't know what it is but the best time of year to fish every year I am busy out the wazoo, and can't get out and fish! :(
I keep telling myself that in time I will get to go fishing!

longjohn119 said:
Is that a livewell or just storage in front of the console? Either way I'd move it to the middle and extend the deck around it, it would provide a lot of support 'for free' and you'd need less aluminum to frame in the rest of the deck.
As they say "great minds think alike!" :mrgreen: That is a livewell. It is basicly an aluminum frame in which an igloo cooler fits as the livewell itself where all of the lines run into and out of. It is my plan when I do anything to the boat to move that in the middle, and use the aluminum frame as my main support for the deck extension, and have my trolling motor batteries on either side of the livewell back near the console. It may be a touch bow heavy when the livewell is full but I think the 45HP can still get her on plane. the construction of this boat is going to make extending the deck VERY easy. Not only will I have the livewell as the main support in the middle, but both sides have a support of some sort that run the length of the span that I will tie into. All I really need is a nice piece of aluminum and the carpet. That is, besides the hoses to run when I move the livewell. Right now though it is a moot point because we don't have the extra money. I have just enough to get the batteries to make the boat usable lol. Mods will have to wait til a more convenient time.

LarryA said:
Buys like that never come my way. Congrats on your new boat.

Kepp looking Larry! I got it probably 10 miles from your house! I found it listed on iboats. It was a marine dealer across from Walmart just north of Reading. "Bowers Marine" in Temple, PA. I also scored a 24V Evinrude 54# thrust for $100 right past Blue Marsh Lake. It looks to be a Minn Kota Maxxum with Evinrude graphics. Seller was a great guy that is also selling an 70# Minn Kota for $400 if anyone in the area is interested. https://reading.craigslist.org/boa/1704178962.html

Latest posts