Newby

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerbull

Reaction score
I am a new member and have a 12 foot sears aluminum. I put a couple seats in and made a bracket to move the front seat forward a bit to give more room between fishermen.I moved the oar locks back so you could oar forward from the back seat. The reason is I like floating the rivers here around central Indiana for smallmouth. I would like to here a few ideals on a way to install a drain plug. sort of a pain to tilt it over. I don't want to add a lot of extras cause I like going out alone now and then and want to be able to handle it myself. the way it is now I can slide it in and out of the truck fairly easy. look forward to reading this forum. good fishing.

I put this one on mine.

37597458-260x260-0-0_T+H+Marine+T+H+Marine+Drain+Plug.jpg

and.... :WELCOME:

:WELCOME:

Thanks for joining!

Brines plug will probably be the easiest if you feel like you want to drill a hole. Your second option is a small hand pump.

you can put in a real drain... but unless you have the right tools to do it with, go with what Brine did - that's all your going to need in your rig! (and it's about $100 less too)

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome to the forum...
I did a dolly for my tracker 1232 that has been a backsaver...
you can adjust the height and will be perfect addition to your 12 footers's hardware
here are the photos
https://picasaweb.google.com/pancho.nazario/Jonboat#
I'm designing a collapsible flotation pods system that will add about 200 pounds of load bearing to the boat
plus will extend outward to provide a 70 inch span for stability. but that ... is another set of photos

pretty cool rig. maybe you shold patent it.

caribe_flytie said:
Welcome to the forum...
you can adjust the height and will be perfect addition to your 12 footers's hardware
here are the photos
I'm designing a collapsible flotation pods system that will add about 200 pounds of load bearing to the boat
plus will extend outward to provide a 70 inch span for stability. but that ... is another set of photos

I would be interested in the plans for this or at least the lengths they where cut. would really be handy around the house for moving it. what keeps it from squatting down? seems that it will lower down on you. can't imagine the bolts holding it in place at the swivel point.

caribe_flytie said:
Welcome to the forum...
here are the photos

Latest posts