Launching my tin, without a boat lauch?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
There is a lot of places up North I like to hit with my Jon boat, ( row, or electric) where there is no boat lauch, I was thinking about taking the boat of at the water, just roll it out, no biggie, I am trying to figure out how to get it back up, its not that heavy, trying to lift the front of the boat on the back of the trailer, then push on? possible you think? I am going to try it the driveway first..... Anybody with any tips?

I've done that a few times,& the only difference is that my trailer is tilt which makes it easier for the boat to slide up the bunks instead of the bunks pushing into the bottom.I'm doing this with a motor on & fuel in the front.Works like a charm.

Many, many years ago I used to launch a jonboat out of the back of a Dodge van. Would back right up to the edge of the water & just drag it out. Load it up with the gear, trolling motor, battery & go fishin' :fishing: . When done just unload it & lift one end into the van, then lift & push the rest of it as far in as it would go. Tie it & the back doors down & go. Should work for a trailer ?? =D>

Latest posts