Boat cover idea

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullmoon

Reaction score
I used an old billboard ad/banner for my boat cover. I got it free from my pa-in-law who sells billboard advertising. These things are tough as nails if you can get one. The only drawback is they are a little heavy. I have another one that has lasted 3 years and still going strong. Just punch holes for bungies to attach. They won't rip!

Attachments

• IMG_0280.JPG
    IMG_0280.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 489
that's a great idea! now if only I could find someone who has them... I might stop and try to get one next time I see someone taking one down.

Wonder what they would do if I climbed up there while they were working... [-X

Well I have to jump in & say that's what I do for a living.(post billboards)Most of the boards I do have slide up strips for tri-visions.Those are the ones that change.We have a few vinyl boards.They range in size from 14 X 48 to 10 X 25.I took 2 14 X 48s & had them sealed together to put over a hoop greenhouse that I store stuff in.As stated they last a long time.Back quite a few years ago they used to throw them away.I used to give them away to people I knew.Now they want them to give to Church's for write offs for charity.I still snag one here & there to keep my supply when I need one. :lol:

Hey Russ. I will ask my father-in-law if he can get another one. If so, I will let you know. Actually, I will see how big the piece I have left over is. How big is the boat you want to cover?

Crazyman, I guess they realized what they were throwing away had some value. For what I've spent on boat covers through the years that didn't last, I would pay for one of these discarded billboards. My other one has been in use for three years, and sits in full sun and exposure and is holding up well.

We got a bunch of those 5 years ago. In Texas in the hot sun they eventually cracked and came apart. But there is no telling how long they had sat outside when we got them and we did not keep them out of the sun. I would imagine that if you put them in the shade a bit they might last a real long time.