got a good riverboat yesterday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gotmuddy

Reaction score
I happened on a deal sunday and found a 18x36 river Jon in batesville. Not the prettiest boat but for $350 I can't complain. The best part is the home brew Jack plate that is adjustable. It has a front deck and floor already

73155b17.jpg

949ee2ef.jpg

did it come with that mariner on the back?!? its not the prettiest but with some TLC all the guys at the dock will think its only a few years old :p nice find man

Nice boat! Looks like that transom would be a good starting place in the fix up. Good deal, especially if it came with the motor!

Motor didn't come with it. Flatbottoms have become scarce here. I hadn't been able to find one on Craigslist in months that wasn't either 14' or a 16x48. I got lucky and saw this on the side of the road.

The transom is the first project. Its rough enough that I don't wanna put my 25 on it. I got a great deal on the 9.9 off a radio call in program. I was heading to town to get a loan to buy a new 9.9 and heard about this 1998 for 600 bucks. It is in great shape.

I don't intend to do much with this compared to my last project. I want to put a livewell in, and put stick steering up front.

This boat is for the Buffalo river.

Is that boat 18 feet long with a 36" bottom width? How does something that long and narrow handle in the water - stability wise? I'd love the length on that thing but the width scares me a bit. I'm curious as to how you feel in it.

ober51 said:
Is that boat 18 feet long with a 36" bottom width? How does something that long and narrow handle in the water - stability wise? I'd love the length on that thing but the width scares me a bit. I'm curious as to how you feel in it.

So far it has been excellent. Most riverboats here are 20'x32" so its actually fairly wide. I felt comfortable standing up.

gotmuddy said:
ober51 said:

So far it has been excellent. Most riverboats here are 20'x32" so its actually fairly wide. I felt comfortable standing up.

I didn't know that - so that's pretty awesome. I don't do any river fishing really, so I have no real knowledge of what a "river boat" is, I guess, lol.

ober51 said:
gotmuddy said:
ober51 said:

I didn't know that - so that's pretty awesome. I don't do any river fishing really, so I have no real knowledge of what a "river boat" is, I guess, lol.

https://thelibrary.springfield.missouri.org/lochist/periodicals/bittersweet/wi73b.htm

That's a good little story That's gives some history of the region. The Buffalo has some narrow shoots and the white has lots of boulders in certain areas

thats a great river boat... my uncle has on the same size we use on the white and buffalo! post pics when you get it done! ill be lookin for ya on the water!

I wont be starting until after memorial day because other more pressing projects need to be finished. Its funny, I live 9 miles from lad norfork but would rather drive 45 miles to go to the river. I guess I am just a river rat.

haha i live in northeast arkansas (jonesboro) and i drive 3 hours south to go crappie fishing,at least an hour and a half to trout fish, and 3 hours to fish smallmouth! i will be up ur way when i go smallmouth fishing and go to norfork (most of the time i go to greers ferry).

arkansasnative said:
haha i live in northeast arkansas (jonesboro) and i drive 3 hours south to go crappie fishing,at least an hour and a half to trout fish, and 3 hours to fish smallmouth! i will be up ur way when i go smallmouth fishing and go to norfork (most of the time i go to greers ferry).

Send me a pm when you decide to go to norfork or the river. If I ever get more than a day off at a time I will be camping

Latest posts