No plug, need help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cachumabass

Reaction score
I just bought a 14' gregor with a 25hp. With such a beefy motor, the transom was reinforced with plywood and welded aluminum. For some reason i just can't fathom whoever did the work welded/filled the hole for the plug. I store the boat outside so when it rains i've got a bathtub.

Should i drill out the old hole, or just put in a new one? If i go new, any suggestions? just a hole, or should i get one of the fancy ones with a collar? Thanks.

If they welded the bung or drain hole in then you could drill it out, but I would imagine you might have a hard time getting it to seal. I would suggest drilling the hole out and then installing a bung (with a collar) and you can out that in with just 3M 5200.

Or if you are going to have a battery for any other reason, maybe a bilge pump with a hose over the side....just flip a switch and the water gets pumped out....

I am not sure why the transom was reinforced...some 14ft. boats are actually rated for 20-25 HP motors...????...