Duck Boat Paint Durability

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyhunter1983

Reaction score
Can anyone that has used Parker's duck boat paint comment on the durability? I have recently stripped down my 1648 Ouachita to bare metal, primed and then sprayed on two coats of duck boat paint. So tonight a friend and I moved the boat out of the garage and afterwards I noticed we had knocked the paint off down to the primer in a few places. I don't recall hearing any banging or rubbing but nonetheless a few spots of paint were knocked off of the ribs on the side. Any thoughts?

Rustoleum Self Etching, I took the boat down to bare metal, primed and then sanded with 400# lightly and then painted. The last coat of paint was applied last thursday, I would think that would have been enough time for it to cure properly.

Sounds like you did everything right, so its probably just the paint you used. Hopefully you won't mind touching it up here and there, because its not likely to get any more durable :(