Gas tank up front.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Froggy

Reaction score
Close to Lake George, NY , Saratoga Lake.
Guys , I have a 6 gallon gas tank, with my 12ft Jon, I like to move it up font, I have the regular line with squeeze hand pump, 6 foot or so, how do I extent all that to about 11 foot of line? are there extensions available?

I just bought about 15' of gas line (heavy duty like this in 3/8" https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/...parentType=index&indexId=cat420004&hasJS=true). I took off the upstream section (from the bulb) of stock hose and replaced it with the new line, reusing the fittings and reconnecting with hose clamps. I ran the hose along the inside cavity created by the spray rail behind the ribs. Pulling the hose had its moments but in the end worked very well, It took a little pumping with the bulb to fill the hose the first time but after that was fine. Never had any problems with it.

Here is a pic of the gas tank end
gastanktiedown.jpg

Here is a pic of the hose inside the spray rail cavity
frontseatremoval.jpg

Froggy said:
Hmmmmmm, more Mods...i should have though about it earlier, I probably will tie it up front for this summer, then take out a section of front deck next spring, thanks.

I know, just when you think you are finished, your not.

Also keep in mind the regular black fuel line doesnt take well to over exsposure to sunlight in my exsperience. The first boat i bought had regular black automotive fuel line on it, and every time you touched it, your hands would be black! It was like the hose was deteriarating(sp?)

The stuff I bought was from Cabela's and I assume it was marine grade, whatever that means. I don't think I had any issues about it leaving my hands black but I never fooled with it much once it was installed. Except for when I was fishing my boat was always covered so I don't know about the UV question but it makes sense that prolonged exposure could eventually create a problem.

I always take the easy way.
Just buy the additonal fuel line and connect it with a clear aftermarket automotive filter.
The end you cut off goes to the end of new line. The new (after filter) is always on the engine side just incase there is something in the original line (like chunks from deteriation/ water?).
Radio Shack has the sticky electrical do-dads for wiring speakers and such. They use tiewraps.
Running it along the side, the bulb ends up by the front of rear seat. Convienantly so, too. :lol:

Latest posts