Year of a boat??

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Redmond

Reaction score
Bought a used springbook aluminum boat a couple of hours ago,theres a serial number stamped on the transom.I wonder if theres a way to find out the year of the boat with this number??If there is, I will happily send the number in this tread to satisfy my incomensurable curiosity...Its actually 10 to 1 am up here and this old boy is going to bed now,,,Mike

If its an older boat it will start out with the factory ID like a sea nyph for example starts with

SEA24587M74E

The next part is the model of boat.

SEA24587M74E

The letter stands for the month It was made

SEA24587M74E

The easy part is the year, wich on this senario is 1974 signified by the 74

SEA24587M74E

The letter system goes like this for the month It was made (why it started at Aug. is not known to me???). AUG.= A, SEPT.= B, OCT.= C, NOV.= D, DEC.= E, JAN.= F, FEB.= G, MAR.= H, APR.= I, MAY= J, JUN.= K, JUL.= L

So the HIN above states that the boat was made DEC. of 1974.
I BELEIVE THIS IS FOR BOATS THAT ARE OLDER THAN A 1984..... HOPE THIS HELPS

Merci beaucoup,the boat is a 1977..saves a lot of guessing,the trailer is a 2001,and so is the motor....Mike

I bought a older Aluminumcraft 16ft boat a couple month back and trying to find out that year it is.. The owner before did not know that year it is.
Thanks a lot....