Tracker Customer Service

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
When I got my boat it was pretty scratched up from the shipping. They stack them up when they ship them. Anyway, they gave me a $100 gift card for Basspro to compensate me for the scratches. Good deal!

Cool deal ! When I bought my PT175 ('05 model) from BPS (Nashville) in late 2004 it had a very slight dent in the aft stbd gunwale. They gave me an additional depth finder plus mounted and wired it on the fwd deck, with the transducer mounted on the tm. Never had any problems from BPS.

I got a 2008 Tracker 1442 Grizzly this spring and have been very disappointed in the paint job. It looks like a single coat, poorly applied or applied to a surface poorly prepared. I've been doing some work to it, wiring, deck, etc. and now it is full of scratches and skuffs. I bought it used from a guy who'd used it only a handful of times - the motor was brand new, never having been in the water. I haven't actually looked into the warranty but don't think I'm covered. Anybody think it would be worth my time to write the company?

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. If you've goat the time, all they can do is not cover it, or not reply. I'd do it.

BaitCaster said:
When I got my boat it was pretty scratched up from the shipping. They stack them up when they ship them. Anyway, they gave me a $100 gift card for Basspro to compensate me for the scratches. Good deal!

So they basically sold you a sub-par product for $100 less? If you had bought a new car that was scratched up from shipping would you have taken a free set of floor mats and called it good?

No offense, but you got taken and didn't do the next Tracker customer a bit of good. By taking the $100 deal, you've showed Tracker that quality assurance should be a low priority. I would have really put their feet to the fire on this one. If it's new, it should look brand new, not new out of the factory then mis-handled by the shipping outfit.

I don't know. I don't mean to bring down your $100 gift card, but that's a very easy way for Tracker to get out of delivering a quality product.

Opinions are appreciated. No offence taken. Yes, the paint on the boat scratches very easily. They offered to give me a different boat, but actually the scratches didn't bother me (just cosmetic in my opinion). I figure, if they had a scratched one on the lot that they were selling at a discount I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Used the $100 gift card to buy a new Basspro "carbonlite" rod! It's pretty sweet.

Cheers,
BC

BaitCaster said:

did you contact the tracker located at the bass pro in vaughn or online customer service?

cali27 said:
BaitCaster said:

did you contact the tracker located at the bass pro in vaughn or online customer service?

Spoke to the guy in Vaughn who sold me the boat. Just emailed him some pictures of the scratches and he took care of it with no hassle.

Latest posts