Boat info (G3 eagle 16.5' and Lowe 18')

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retiredff

Reaction score
Anyone have either of these 2 boats?

The G3 has a Yamaha 50HP 4 stroke and the Lowe has a Evinrude 120 2 stroke. Any info as to the ride, compartment layout, speed or anything I should be aware of would be appreciated. I found each of these local and might look at them.

Thanks

Tony

I had the G3 Eagle 165..with a 25hp 4 stroke. I loved the boat, the motor was too small for that boat. I was going to repower it with a 60, but the dealer told me to use it for 1-2 more years and then trade up.

The layout was excellent, and the rod locker does hold allot of rods, even a couple of 7'6 ones.....use rod socks. :wink:

I would buy another one with a 60hp for sure.

You should get 35mph with that 50 on it.

Here is a link to it, wish I never sold it.

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/images/thumbnails.php?album=1

Thanks Jim, that is exactly the info I needed. I may go look at it later this week. I dealer has had it since February.

Tony

I have an 05 Model 165 with the 50 4stroke. As far as fish ability and ride for the $ its hard to beat. Speedwise with the 50 you are probably looking at around 30-35 Loaded/Unloaded. The 4 stroke does suffer a little on holeshot, but hey... the gas mileage cant be beat. Ive used my boat in small tourneys and stuff and it feels real good to not break the bank... and still turn heads cause the guys fishing out of the High $$ rigs never know what you are gonna be bringing in... :)

I love the little boat... but the key is "little" 2 people with alot of gear can be cramped, but still able to do ok.

I will be upgrading to a bigger boat in the next few years though due to having a kid and needing space. I WOULD DEFINITELY BUY AGAIN!!

:)

Have any other questions let me know.

The Lowe is not being considered, not because of the brand, but the seller. I researched the 120HP evinrude because of problems I read about. It turns out, Evinrude did not make a 120HP in 2000 only 115HP. I emailed the seller and told him my concerns. After several lies he admitted it was a late 80's motor that had been "ported & polished"?? Whatever that means! This was an add on craigslist. I have bought and sold many things on CL and never had this problem. Buyer beware..

Tony

Latest posts