Found my 1236

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

65tuxedo

Reaction score
Found this today almost by accident. Went to a shop looking for a part and they had this in a shed. It was exactly what I was looking for plus some additions that made it even better. Have rinsed out the inside and will get it in the water tomorrow. Now to sell the 1432 and get it out of the way.

jonstern.jpg

jonstarboard.jpg

This morning, I picked up a 5hp Suzuki two stroke that I can carry and mount easily. Should work well, I tried out a 3.5hp 4 cycle earlier in the week and it did OK but not quite well enough. It also weighed more! Now, I just need some time to get out there and catch some more fish. We have had rain followed by more rain here in NE Okla. now for quite a while.

My 34# trolling motor was enough for old jon, but not this one. Any suggestions of what thrust would be adequate? Anyone aware of any TM bargains out there?

Finished my roller system for my dock today. Had to get another roller, been using a Walmart rolling pin and pvc spacer while waiting. I have a rope on the front of my jon and use it to pull it back to the dock after sliding it into the water and to pick it up from the front when loading it back on the dock. I have used this several times and it works great. It was not my best welding but is far stronger than needed for this use.

Also, I can't believe you would criticize the size of another man's paddle!!

IMG_0161.jpg