jon boat width question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highcj5

Reaction score
hey, i am new to the forum. have been lurking for a while. i currently have a 1232 flat bottom jon. i am wanting to get a bigger jon. i want a boat that 2 grown men can stand in and fish. the 32 inch wide jon i have now is not stable enough. only one person at a time can stand in it now. i was thinking that a 1436 might be wide enough, but the more i think about it, it might not be stable enough either. should i step up to a 42 inch wide jon? just looking for some input from some of you that might have these size jons. thanks, jesse

oh, it would be used for pond fishing.

I'm comfortable standing in a 1436 jon with my 13y/o nephew. A 1448 would be nice though.

You might want to look at a 16' 46" jon. I can have one standing on the front deck and one standing on the back. This 16' is very stable with two adults moving around. I was glad to move up from a 12' to 16' lowe jon. Less to worry about and enough
space to add even a third person.

i was looking at the tracker 1542 tracker boat. $995, i think that is a pretty good deal. jesse

The 1542 is a good stable jon. A 48 wide would be best but there is a significant difference in the price. If you can afford it go for it, if not both tracker and alumacraft have 1542 fro under a grand.

Jeffrey Curtis said:
Stick with a 48 inch wide floor or wider.Anything under a 48 incher is a sit down boat only
A lot of people here fish in 36's and do just fine. It really boils down to what kind of fishing and how you do it along with how much $$$ you want to spend. JMO.

Latest posts