Got a new boat.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevillizer

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my good fortune. This past Friday I was able to do some wheeling and dealing and traded for a new to me boat. It is an Monark AWCC (All Welded Center Console). I traded an 87 Procraft 1650 with a Mecury Black Max 150 (power head needed to be rebuilt) for it. The 1756 has a Johnson 75 hp, a cuda 350 graph, Minn Kota 45 lb thrust bow mount TM, and a flip/flop seet with built in cooler. I am very excited. One draw back is there is no live / bait wells, but that is something that I will remedey pretty easily. Here are a couple of pictures, kinda grainy (took with phone)but you can get the idea.

I cant explain how excited I am. The old Duracraft was wearing me out with all the work I have been doing. It is now destined to be some one elses problem, I mean project :D I can't wait to pick it up. I have to wait for them to fix a couple of broken shackles on the trailer so I can take her out. 8)

Attachments

• IMG00377.jpg
    IMG00377.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 894
  • IMG00378.jpg
    IMG00378.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 894
I left out that the Pro Craft I traded off cost me $0. Somebody up there is smileing down on me this week!

Thanks for the comments. Looks like I will make a temporary livewell from a cooler and steel flex the bottom that will be about it until I get some quality water time with it. I am very ecited.

You'll like that boat. I just picked up a lowe roughneck 1760 with a cc and a 50hp. Thing rides like its on rails, smooth as silk even thru wake. Stable as they come. Don't know how I stayed standing in my 1436 now.

Should have posted this earlier but just found out the final verdict. Was out fishing in the new boat noticed I was using the bilge a little more often than I would like :( . Got it back and parked it. Water testing a few days later found the leak. Coming in from under the center chine where the hull is welded together. Couldn't see exactly where as it is covered by the v shaped chine welded on top of it. Dropped it off at the welded who called me a couple days later Asked me to come by a see him. I could break away so I asked him to send me some picture. Just sent got some pictures today. Where the two pieces of aluminum meet at the center line the weld is cracked is three spots. One is about 16", second on is 8", and the third is 5'2"(yes that over a five foot crack! total of alomst half the length of the boat :shock: ). He said they were all sealed up with gobs of silicone. For a boat that isn't all beat to hell I don't know how this happened. He said that the ribs were all holding fine and in good shape but to fix he would have to rip out everything for and aft deck, seats etc, as well as the center chine on the bottom of the boat. Cost will be more than the boat is worth. :evil: I spoke with my boat guy, who took it in on trade, and then traded it to me. He said, he would make right.

I believe some point in time most aluminum boats can develope a leak. The good thing is most of the time they can be repaired easily.

Henry

Latest posts