Need a cover for my boat......

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
....but don't want to spend hundreds of $$$. Cabela's sells what looks to be a nice jon boat cover but, byt the time I paid shipping and import duties it would cost $100+. Anybody ever make a cover for their boat? Anyone know a good website that sells them?

After doing some research on boat covers I decided to splurge for a decent quality one.

I want one that I can leave on the boat while trailering becuase there will be times when I will be transporting camping gear in the boat, and I want it to stay protected fmo the elements while on the highway.

Anyway, not all covers are suitable for trailering, i.e., they need to be able to stand up to the wind and other abuses of the highway. You also need one with lots of tie down points. So, I ordered on from boatcoversdirect.com. They make one for my size of jon boat in a breathable 11 oz. poly/cotton with an outboard cover built in (now I just need to get an outoboard :LOL2:). I also got two support poles to keep the rain from puddling up and a tie-down kit to keep it secured. Cost me $235, which is way more than I wanted to spend but I figure it's worth it to protect my boat and its contents. I'll post some pics when I get it on the boat.

Cheers,
BC

Hi Guys,

New to the site. Lots of great info here. I know this is late, but I just got one from Northern Tool for under $60 (for my 16' Princecraft Starfish). It is trailerable, water and UV resistant and warrantied for 4 years. If it helps someone else out....great. I can't speak about the durability as it is only a couple of months old.

Charlie

charliep said:
Hi Guys,

New to the site. Lots of great info here. I know this is late, but I just got one from Northern Tool for under $60 (for my 16' Princecraft Starfish). It is trailerable, water and UV resistant and warrantied for 4 years. If it helps someone else out....great. I can't speak about the durability as it is only a couple of months old.

Charlie

:WELCOME: Charlie!

Thanks for joining! :beer:

Welcome, lots of great tips on this sight. I purchased a cover at academy sports and it seems to be a good one. I think I paid 90.00 ? 8)

Latest posts