bucking rivets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrew09

Reaction score
Where can I buy the tool to re buck the rivets and replace rivets at. I have a few weeping rivets on my boat. I would either want the tool that goes in an air hammer or that you hit with a hammer.

perchin said:
Here in MI. They sell them almost everywhere they sell air hammers........... not too hard to find.

I see a small business opportunity here. I searched online and on store websites for them. I found the rivets, but really no tools for it. If you were to package a deal up for some folks and cut yourself in for a 20 - 30% margin, you could make a little dough on the side :wink:

I would have bought it!

perchin said:
Here in MI. They sell them almost everywhere they sell air hammers........... not too hard to find.
Where have you seen the tools. I live in Flint, MI and haven't been able to find them in any stores.

In Ionia, menards, lowes, sears, c & w tools.
Are you sure your looking for the right thing? You say tools? Only one tool needed, comes in a variety of sizes.

andrew09 said:
I have been looking for something like this https://www.hansonrivet.com/w80a.htm
Yep that's it. I'm starting to think that I should go into business selling them... :LOL2:

The guy at sears had no idea what I was talking about. I looked all over and couldn't find anything. I will go up to Menards and see if they have it.

andrew09 said:
The guy at sears had no idea what I was talking about. I looked all over and couldn't find anything. I will go up to Menards and see if they have it.

Its been a lil while since I got one at lowes, but I just recently got one at C&W Tools in Ionia MI. It was only about 2 weeks ago. This is making me curious as to if I happened to get lucky before, cuz your not alone.

Rather than a specific "rivet tool", I think it's simply an "air chisel" that you need right?

All of the big-box retailers sell them here.

I don't know enough about them to tell you how different the one you posted in the link is from just an ordinary air chisel.

It is an ordinary air chisel.I used to buck rivets on airplanes & that's all it is.Air setting is important.Air Craft Spruce is a good source to get bucking tools.

crazymanme2 said:
It is an ordinary air chisel.I used to buck rivets on airplanes & that's all it is.Air setting is important.Air Craft Spruce is a good source to get bucking tools.
I have an air chisel. I just need the part that goes in it in place of the chisil tip.