93 Tracker 16' upgrade

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oledawg43

Reaction score
I'm refurbing and upgrading this stick steering boat which currently has an OMC 40 with manual tilt. The cylinder and valve on the tilt are gone and since a replacement is north of $400 I have decided to upgrade and add a CMC T&T PT130. Does anyone know if the extra 6" setback on the T&T will require a new steering cable? I've tried to get info from BPS who gave me a service number for Tracker which nobody answers. Also is the steering an Ezy Glide system or something else? Any help greatly appreciated.
Dawg

Depends on how tight the steering cable is. Do you have slack from the steering box up front and the motor? If you have slack then your probably good. If it is tight and you have no slack then you will probably need a longer cable.

Got any pictures of your current steering cable? I recently added a PT-130 to my boat, and I had plenty of slack to work with. Most of the systems figure some slack when they are installed.

Latest posts