First post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bear7625

Reaction score
Just signed up a couple weeks ago, and have been reading as many posts as possible. I am amazed at what I've learned so far. I bought a 1966 Starcraft w/trailer and a 1991 15HP Johnson for $600. I am starting a mod, so I will probably have a lot of questions. Thanks in advance. This is an awesome site!

Hopefully will be posting pictures of my progress. :)

Thanks guys! I normally don't find these kind of deals. The motor alone was worth the price. The boat needed a new floor and the guy was moving out of state.

Attachments

• april2010 086.jpg
    april2010 086.jpg
    708.7 KB · Views: 395
I'm impressed! For $600 you bought part of the motor and got the boat and trailer for free!

What are your plans to mod it?

I notice there is a steering cable on the motor. Have you thought about going to tiller steering to create more interior room?

I removed the old plywood floor and cleaned up the boat. I am in the process of putting in cedar ribs for better support of the new floor. I plan on putting in pedestal seats I saved from an old boat. I'm still kicking around other ideas for the mod. As you saw in the picture, it has the old cable and pulley steering system. I have thought about going to tiller steer, but the motor I have now is in great shape and I don't think it can be converted to a tiller. If I stay with a side console, I will build one and change to a rotary steering system. Maybe I can sell the old system to someone who wants to restore an old boat and be authentic. :lol:

Latest posts