Painting questions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Instead of hijacking Froggy's thread with my question I thought I'd start a new one. I am getting a really sweet aluminum runabout this spring that I intend to restore (it's a 60's boat). I have been thinking a lot about what to do when it's time to paint. Are you guys painting outside? In a garage? I don't know what to do about the paint because I don't have a shed and don't want a paint job full of bugs and such. I have been kind of prepared to take it to a body shop but maybe I don't have to in order to get a good finish. All the work I do on my boat is outside and the new one will be even farther back in the shrubbery. Anyone got any ideas about this?

Holy smokes! Your first boat, the 12, was a masterpiece. Your second boat was as well. Now you're ready for a third. I cant wait to see your work. BTW, you must be retired. If you still got that kinda juice, the knowledge, and the gumption, you oughta start making your boats brutha. Can't wait.

ncfishin said:
Holy smokes! Your first boat, the 12, was a masterpiece. Your second boat was as well. Now you're ready for a third. I cant wait to see your work. BTW, you must be retired. If you still got that kinda juice, the knowledge, and the gumption, you oughta start making your boats brutha. Can't wait.

Thanks for the nice words. At this point I'm only retired in my heart. My body still has 2 1/2 years to go - not quite a short-timer yet but getting close. I would love to be able to do modifications to boats if I thought I could sell them and at least break even. I like the building as much as the fishing.

I got about 6 years to go..... I did mine inside, If I had no inside spot I would look into renting a storage garage , $ 75 bucks a month for about 2 Month. 2 problems with that is heat in the summer, and lack of electricity, ( if you have a small generator, its not a problem). the only other solution is to get one of them tent garages, or even build one with tarp.

Latest posts