Supports for boat cover (new pics, May 31, 2010)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
I got my new boat cover the other day (which is really nice by the way). I bought a couple of adjustable support poles to go with it but I am not happy with them. They are difficult to place under the cover and they look like they will eventually punch a hole through it with time. So, I have decided to go with the bow style supports. I saw somewhere (maybe on this site, or maybe somehwere else) where somebody built supports out of PVC piping, which looked pretty good. I am going to attempt that this weekend. Pictures will follow.

Cheers,
BC

I have the adjustable support poles under mine and haven't had any problems.

My cover is Sunbrella material though which is pretty heavy canvas and it is custom made for my boat so it fits like a glove even without being tied down. I have two grommets in the cover that the top of the supports stick through. Once I get the cover stretched over the boat, I can go back and reach underneath the cover and stick the supports through the grommets. They hold themselves in place from there and I can tie down the cover.

I was browsing around BassPro Friday night and found this strap for $14. It works great keeping the support poles in place and also holds the cover up nicely.

Check it out:

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_1918.JPG
    IMG_1918.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_1922.JPG
    IMG_1922.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 516
  • IMG_1923.JPG