Exterior paint?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kadoogen

Reaction score
I striped away almost all the paint off my 12 jon and primed it with rustolium aluminum primer. I bought some Valspar Acrylic exterior house/outside application paint from lowes... I know its not going to last forever but if I let the paint cure how long do you think it will last? anyone have good results or is this a total waste of money?

I think you will regret the acrylic paint if you are talking water based, I would at least go with a oil base of some sort. I do not believe the acrylic will bond as well as the oil, and you may end up having to strip and repaint fairly soon. I just painted my boat this week with some Kush Boat paint ordered it from the Mfg. in Roseville Michigan and it came in within the week. It was about $38.00 for a gallon with shipping, I used the flat Starcraft Tan since my boat is a Starcraft. I found this week in a ad from AgriSupply.com for camo flat paints in gallons for 21.49 plus shipping. So there are some reasonably priced paints that you can get and the Kush is for boats. My brother has used oil based floor and porch enamel in satin gloss and it seemed to hold up pretty well. What color are you planning on painting and were you going flat or gloss? I used a little more than 3 quarts painting my 14/48 flat bottom. Good luck, sounds like you have the paint removal and priming done, so it will get easier now.

Flintcreek :)