Help needed for 1974 14' MirroCraft

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bgstx78

Reaction score
So My uncle and I have owned this boat since 2001. And it is time to do some remodelling/repairing on the boat. First, any suggestions on the type of paint to use?

The bigger question is what are the official capacities of this boat? The Specification. The hull plate, through weathering, has become completely unreadable. I know that the 25hp johnson I have for it is fine, as I remember that much, and I think it is rated to hold 4 people, but I cannot remember for certain.

So, does anyone know where I can verify the load rating/passenger capacity and max engine size for my boat AND where I can order a new hull plate with this info?

More questions to come later... I am sure!

Thanks!

Yes, I have the HIN and I have tried to contact MirroCraft. The website said that they may or may not be able to help. I have not neard back from them yet, but was just trying to get a headstart incase someone knew I was headed in the wrong direction.

Click the link below... there I think you will find what your looking for.
Tight lines...... Perchin

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12144

I remembered, from when I could read the capacity plate, that it said the boat would hold 4 people. The formula you provided supports that. However, the max load in pounds is still unanswered.

Additionally, I have removed all the old wood in the boat and the bench seats. I noticed that there is foam all under the seats. I cannot tell the shape of the wood because of this foam. Should I remove and inspect or trust it is ok?

If i remove the foam, do I need to fill it back in with new foam? If so, any suggestions on how to do this?

I am hoping to post some pics of my progress soon.

Thanks.

Latest posts