I'm New to this and need help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrappieMan

Reaction score
Hello, new here and have some questions. I'm trying to frame for the deck on the front of my boat but not sure the best way to attach the supports to the bottom of the boat with out putting a hole in it haha.. Any help would be great thanks.

Welcome aboard! I'm actually new too - I'm doing my first build on a tracker 1436. I really have just looked throughout this site and saw what other people were doing. i attached the main boards to the bow using joist brackets and on-end 2x4s. then i made pillars running to the bottom of the boat, attached to the ribs with metal screws (or you can use pop rivets) and brackets. everyt build is different. check out "Front Deck Build" originally posted by user: pbw in the forum threads. sort the search by replies. he has a great step by step build with photos. gave me a lot of great ideas. should help you too. good luck, and be sure to post pics when you are done!

Thanks alot for your help. Good luck with your build. I look forward to seeing pics of your project as well.

On my Tracker 1542, I used 1" aluminum channel and pop riveted it on and weld to that. (Have pictures on my project "tracker 1542 project". This worked out great and very strong. The ribs are the best place to hook to, then you can put something on the seat and screw or pop rivet it in. Here is a picture of the start of my frame, hope it helps.

Attachments

• deckframe4.jpg
    deckframe4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 295
Oh just so you know the frame that runs front to back on the sides is not connected to the side of the boat it is welded to the pieces that are on the benches.

Latest posts