New to the forum Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjmiller816

Reaction score
I just got a 2008 tracker grizzly, has a deck floor already, trolling mounted in the front and a 25hp merc, I have a wrangler and cant fit poles in my car really. haven't found a good place to put the poles in the boat while transporting to the lake, any ideas, trying to find a good place to mount them to keep them out of the way of other gear. I have a couple pole holders mounted on the edge, but not sure if thats a good place to have them while driving down the freeway. Any ideas would help? Thanks

And put the ends of the pole in the storage hole? I tried that today, I put the tips of my 7 foot one piece poles in the storage hole and bungied the reel ends down agains the back seat, but it made it unpractical with other gear in the storage compartment and just an overall pain in the a** I only have two poles, so I was thinking of ways to mount them on the sides

Get some of these or make them out of PVC pipe - mount them on a vertical surface. I have some at the stern and some on the steering console.

dbmrh.jpg

jjmiller816 said:
And put the ends of the pole in the storage hole? I tried that today, I put the tips of my 7 foot one piece poles in the storage hole and bungied the reel ends down agains the back seat, but it made it unpractical with other gear in the storage compartment and just an overall pain in the a** I only have two poles, so I was thinking of ways to mount them on the sides

What storage hole? I have no clue what you're talking about :lol:

It goes on the front deck, with the rod tips pointing toward the back of the boat. You'd be hardpressed to find a bass boat that doesn't have them.

A picture of your boat showing deck, etc would help so we're all talking about the same thing.

Welcome aboard!

I have a Liberty and have found that the coat hooks work to hang a rod from each side. The little "U" shaped parts of the hangers are just right to clip onto the rod. Otherwise I just stuff them in the back and hope not to put out anyone's eye in the front seats. The velcro holders in the boat work well and are cheap. I haven't bothered with them as I end up taking everything out of the boat because it's stored outside.

I put the Rod Saver straps on my boat and absolutley love them. I thought the rods would bang around too much during travel and I haven't noticed a problem yet, my seats are carpeted though. The G-Lox rod holders were also on consideration, but the Rod Saver is much more out of the way and less of a tripping hazard.

Another vote for the rod saver straps. Thats what I plan to put on my boat when its done. I used to fish in a bass club a few years ago and every bass boat I ever fished on had these straps with the exception of one Skeeter which had a similar bungee type strap system. They work incredibly well.

i am aware what rod savers are. Just didn't like the way they would be used in a tracker grizzly, where you have the reel on the rear seat and the tips on the front deck, with the poles sagging in between, was just trying to avoid that.

is it an open floor, or do you have benches, using my buddies open floor tracker we just set the rods on the floor and haven't had any issuses with them flying off, also i have a wrangler to, it's a 4dr so i got a little more length, but you can always take the top off in the summer time and have them stick a little out the top, that's what i do and just run a small bungee to the side post and the center bar accross the top

Did you look at the Rodloft? Like Rodloft.com? You can transport your rod and reels in your car, out of the wind and road dirt (that's where your reels pick up most of their grime). Lock them up while your in Bob Evens and they look good too.

Latest posts