Flooring for my Tracker

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BaitCaster

Reaction score
Well, I am taking my mods slowly. I want to think everything through before I start anything. Also, I want to spend what little free time I have fishing - not working on the boat. So, I won't be getting around to doing any decking until this fall at the earliest. In the interim, I found this interlocking rubber flooring system at Home Depot. It provides good cushioning when standing in the boat, cuts the noise down and also keeps gear dry while it sits on the floor. It is easy to cut for a custom fit. I am really liking it. Cost about $60.

Attachments

• floor.JPG
    floor.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 1,421
  • floor2.JPG
    floor2.JPG
    166.4 KB · Views: 1,421
I did something similar in my boat. i have the no slip shower mats in my boat. the ones with the suction cups on the back. its nice because I dont have a trailer and i just flip the boat over with them stuck to the boat.

Troutman3000 said:
Thats great man. You dont have an ugly boat to cover up so it looks as you dont have to have decking.

Yeah, you know I am really thinking about whether I really need a casting deck. When I stand in the front of the boat I am able to flip and pitch wthout a deck. Also, if I put a deck up front I will need to fork out for a foot controlled trolling motor or constantly bend down to steer my transon mount. The boat is super stable when I stand on the floor up front too. So, I may just dispense with the decking all together. Although, it does look pretty cool on some of the other 1542 mods I have seen!

Derek said:
I did something similar in my boat. i have the no slip shower mats in my boat. the ones with the suction cups on the back. its nice because I dont have a trailer and i just flip the boat over with them stuck to the boat.

That's a great idea! Got some pics?

BaitCaster said:
Troutman3000 said:
Thats great man. You dont have an ugly boat to cover up so it looks as you dont have to have decking.

Yeah, you know I am really thinking about whether I really need a casting deck. When I stand in the front of the boat I am able to flip and pitch wthout a deck. Also, if I put a deck up front I will need to fork out for a foot controlled trolling motor or constantly bend down to steer my transon mount. The boat is super stable when I stand on the floor up front too. So, I may just dispense with the decking all together. Although, it does look pretty cool on some of the other 1542 mods I have seen!

Maybe just do the floors then. Then you add some stability and get rid of those ribs.

How is it when you stand up front with the floor that inclines. I would like/need a foot control trolling motor and wonder how comfortable it would be to fish standing like that for 4-6 hours. Or would I need to atleast put some kind of leval floor in.

fishbowl807 said:
How is it when you stand up front with the floor that inclines. I would like/need a foot control trolling motor and wonder how comfortable it would be to fish standing like that for 4-6 hours. Or would I need to atleast put some kind of leval floor in.

There are essentially three sections between the ribbing in the bow. The first section in front of the middle seat is flat and the second section is a very gentle incline. It's actually quite comfortable as you can put one foot forward and one leg will be slightly bent like putting your foot up on a rail. You could definitely run a foot controlled trolling motor from there.

Cool Thanks man, I'm kind of in the same boat as you cause I have a 6 year old that loves to go so I don't know if putting a deck on would be the best idea or I might be swimming alot.

That's the cool thing about tin boats. Whatever works best for you. I'm a casting deck guy that likes a bow mount hand controlled trolling motor using a Big Foot foot switch for on/off. I change direction using my knee/hand/rod butt. It just works better for me. Those matts look good, keep your boat stable and when your kid gets older, you and he can mod using this post for ideas.
Win, win, win, win ,winwinwin.

BaitCaster said:
Troutman3000 said:

I like it. Functional, light weight and simple. =D>