Installing carpet

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtbriles1

Reaction score
I have just finished the modifications to my boat and I am now in the process of painting and coating everything and should be ready for the final fit here soon. I will be installing carpet on the decks but I can't figure out how to make a water tight deck and have the edges of the carpet where it meets the plywood look professional. I have not tried it yet but I am thinking that rolling the carpet over the edge would look the best or can you get a clean look by cutting it carefully where it meets the hull? All I can think of is leaving some room between the plywood and the hull and tucking the carpet in the space and then caulk with some clear silicone to make it water tight? Any help would be very much appreciated and thank you in advance!

Jeff

When I did mine, I used marine carpet adhesive on the top side and then wrapped over to the under side. Once there, I stapled far too many time (never be too careful) with stainless staples.

Good luck!

Latest posts